- Dress comfortably. There is a lot of fashion available for professional pregnant women in shops and online. Also wear comfortable shoes; flats and tennis shoes are best.
- Keep your work desk organized and have all supplies within reach. It is important to stay stocked so as to reduce unnecessary movement and stress. (Get your own stapler!)
- Keep cool. Maintain a comfortable temperature and go out for air if needed.
- Take breaks. Pregnant women need to use the bathroom a lot. Also if you have been sitting for too long, walk around for a bit and if you are on your feet a lot, take a seat once in a while.
- Get the right chair. Get something with proper back support, that allows you to bend your knees comfortably and is not difficult to get out of. Protect your spine!
- Bring your own comfort supplies. Do not expect everything to be provided for by work. Bring your own tissues, medications, first-aid kit, change of clothes, cushions, healthy snacks, heating pads and whatever else you can think of.
- Ask for help. If someone else can carry that large stack of folders, let them do it. It’s that simple!
Let us know whatever tips you may have picked up.